Boosted my confidence in my ability to wrangle an EC2 instance. To date I've:
- made a snapshot / backed up a running instance
- made a snapshot via the command line interface
- made an AMI (or image) from a snapshot / backup
- made a bigger volume from a snapshot
- swapped out the volume on an instance
- educated myself on the cost structure of ec2 instances
- educated myself on the cost structure for ec2 volumes (these cost money!!)
- figured out what elastic IP is
- successfully debugged and fixed a filesystem/kernel type mismatch when creating an EC2 instance from an instance. the snapshot & instance types had incompatible kernels. tools used: the ec2 command line interface & google
Figuring out how to reverse engineer Django enough to get our Graphite instance OAuthing with Google Oauth2.
Finding and fixing a bunch of Marshmallow bugs on our Android & releasing the patched app.
some days I remember the lies you told me and i laugh at both of us at me, for wanting so badly to believe you at you, for having t...
Every time I get on Facebook I can't help but wonder what life would have been like if I had stayed in Texas. I had some good friends in...
A lot of scientific epistemology or historiography focus on the methodology of discovery, the paradigm shifts of humans and the viability an...
I had always thought that my brains were the ticket, the legs, the whole hog of the operation, that they would take me wherever I needed/wan...