Boosted my confidence in my ability to wrangle an EC2 instance. To date I've:
- made a snapshot / backed up a running instance
- made a snapshot via the command line interface
- made an AMI (or image) from a snapshot / backup
- made a bigger volume from a snapshot
- swapped out the volume on an instance
- educated myself on the cost structure of ec2 instances
- educated myself on the cost structure for ec2 volumes (these cost money!!)
- figured out what elastic IP is
- successfully debugged and fixed a filesystem/kernel type mismatch when creating an EC2 instance from an instance. the snapshot & instance types had incompatible kernels. tools used: the ec2 command line interface & google
Figuring out how to reverse engineer Django enough to get our Graphite instance OAuthing with Google Oauth2.
Finding and fixing a bunch of Marshmallow bugs on our Android & releasing the patched app.
Oct 16, 2015
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
some days I remember the lies you told me and i laugh at both of us at me, for wanting so badly to believe you at you, for having t...
To her daughter, sprawled on the floor with a stack of Google maps and sharpie, what are you doing dear? Looking for two way streets. W...
lucia berlin writes well. almost too well. her prose is descriptive, the imagery is fragrant, concrete, but repetitive. is all writing that ...
we were moving. it was a group effort. we had rented one of those big 18 wheeler trucks and used it to port everyone's things around. ev...
Post a Comment