Boosted my confidence in my ability to wrangle an EC2 instance. To date I've:
- made a snapshot / backed up a running instance
- made a snapshot via the command line interface
- made an AMI (or image) from a snapshot / backup
- made a bigger volume from a snapshot
- swapped out the volume on an instance
- educated myself on the cost structure of ec2 instances
- educated myself on the cost structure for ec2 volumes (these cost money!!)
- figured out what elastic IP is
- successfully debugged and fixed a filesystem/kernel type mismatch when creating an EC2 instance from an instance. the snapshot & instance types had incompatible kernels. tools used: the ec2 command line interface & google
Figuring out how to reverse engineer Django enough to get our Graphite instance OAuthing with Google Oauth2.
Finding and fixing a bunch of Marshmallow bugs on our Android & releasing the patched app.
I'm still working on Hannah Arendt's The Origins of Totalitarianism . It's dense and a great read and I'd also very much li...
It's time for the annual year of reading review. There's a number of books on the list this year that really deserve a longer blurb...
Edgar Degas was obsessed with the female form. This much was obvious just from the few works that they had from him at MASP. I would go fu...
Once, a long long time ago, I met a man who told me things I have not yet been able to forget. These things number two. The first was that...