- I like reading memoirs written by authors
- You do realize the idiocy of that statement, don't you?
- You know what I mean. A memoir by someone that's a writer by trade.
- No, you said author. Not writer. By definition anyone that's written a memoir is then an author. That's any memoir ever written. Why not just say that you like memoirs?
- But I don't like every memoir - stop being so tautological!
- Stop making tautological assertions if you want me to stop pointing out the tautology of them!
Silence. The sound of an ego losing it's grandstand, of an argument being won, a shift in the understanding that exists between two people, however minor.
karthik and i went to the SF MOMA today to check out the last few bits of the soundtracks exhibit. we saw this great video work that i can&...
Continuing from last year, here's the stats and short synopses of books that I read (or didn't read) this year. According the Good...
Edgar Degas was obsessed with the female form. This much was obvious just from the few works that they had from him at MASP. I would go fu...
this has been copied without permission from the appendix of the 2011 edition of The Question of Separatism. It was conducted with Jane in ...