- I like reading memoirs written by authors
- You do realize the idiocy of that statement, don't you?
- You know what I mean. A memoir by someone that's a writer by trade.
- No, you said author. Not writer. By definition anyone that's written a memoir is then an author. That's any memoir ever written. Why not just say that you like memoirs?
- But I don't like every memoir - stop being so tautological!
- Stop making tautological assertions if you want me to stop pointing out the tautology of them!
Silence. The sound of an ego losing it's grandstand, of an argument being won, a shift in the understanding that exists between two people, however minor.
I'm still working on Hannah Arendt's The Origins of Totalitarianism . It's dense and a great read and I'd also very much li...
It's time for the annual year of reading review. There's a number of books on the list this year that really deserve a longer blurb...
Edgar Degas was obsessed with the female form. This much was obvious just from the few works that they had from him at MASP. I would go fu...
Once, a long long time ago, I met a man who told me things I have not yet been able to forget. These things number two. The first was that...