- I like reading memoirs written by authors
- You do realize the idiocy of that statement, don't you?
- You know what I mean. A memoir by someone that's a writer by trade.
- No, you said author. Not writer. By definition anyone that's written a memoir is then an author. That's any memoir ever written. Why not just say that you like memoirs?
- But I don't like every memoir - stop being so tautological!
- Stop making tautological assertions if you want me to stop pointing out the tautology of them!
Silence. The sound of an ego losing it's grandstand, of an argument being won, a shift in the understanding that exists between two people, however minor.
Jun 14, 2012
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
some days I remember the lies you told me and i laugh at both of us at me, for wanting so badly to believe you at you, for having t...
To her daughter, sprawled on the floor with a stack of Google maps and sharpie, what are you doing dear? Looking for two way streets. W...
lucia berlin writes well. almost too well. her prose is descriptive, the imagery is fragrant, concrete, but repetitive. is all writing that ...
we were moving. it was a group effort. we had rented one of those big 18 wheeler trucks and used it to port everyone's things around. ev...
Post a Comment